Here is a few tips to ensure a safe holiday season:
1) Keep all trees away from heat sources, such as heat vents,electric heaters, radiators,
2) Ensure your tree has a sufficient amount of water.
3) Never leave your home or go to bed without unplugging your tree lights.
4) Candles are not to be left unattended and must be extinguished properly.
5) Never put wrapping paper, tree branches or needles in a fireplace or
wood stove because rapid burning can ignite creosote in the chimney.
6) As always, in case of fire, “Get Out and Stay Out”; never go back into a burning building.
On behalf of the Charlo Volunteer Firefighters, I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season!
Charlo Fire Chief